Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Baby Bump Update

Well life has been very busy...and I know I promised baby bump pictures...but, somewhere along the way I have misplaced my camera cord so I am having difficulty getting pictures onto the computer. So they'll get here as soon as I can find that silly cord.

I have determined that this child has a very interesting personality. This past Monday I went in for a fetal echo cardiogram and got to see "blueberry's" heart. It was pretty cool. The funniest part about it was that during the ultrasound to look at the heart, they also stopped to record that heartbeat and measure the rhythms. Well when the technician stopped she just left the little device sitting on my stomach. Apparently blueberry found that to be entertaining because her kicks stopped happening in my side and all of a sudden there was a rapid movement right where the device was. It was like she was using it as a punching bag...you know the kind that hangs like a bubble and boxers hit it rapidly. Even the technician could feel it.

So later that evening when Sean got home I was telling him about what had happened. We also decided that since I had reached my third trimester we would try the fetal heart monitor that Sean bought several months ago. It has this quarter size microphone that you press on your stomach and listen for a heartbeat. Well blueberry decided that this was a game too and she would hit it and then I would move it and she would follow it and hit it again...I would move it, she would hit it...I would move it, she would hit it. We decided to try it with Sean's thumb and sure enough she hauled off and hit his thumb too.

People keep saying that it isn't surprising for her to do this, knowing who her mother is. I don't really get it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment